Monday, July 6, 2015

No Nap No Tired




This is our son's favorite saying lately, no nap no tired!  Guess we are done with naps.

For the past couple of weeks he has been refusing to lay down for naps.  That makes this mommy very sad! You see those couple of hours that he would lay down was my time.  It was during that time I would watch my shows that a 2-year-old shouldn't be watching, maybe take my shower without an audience or try and catch up on some housework.  Now those times are gone.

So what is a mom to do.  I have decided to start having quiet time.  I take the little one up to his room and tell him that he doesn't have to take a nap, but he needs to play in his room for a little bit.  This gives me some quiet time and him some time to relax and play with different toys than the ones he has downstairs.

As I am typing this it is quiet time.  I looked over and see him laying on his floor in his room reading a book (gotta love the video monitors).  So on our first day of quiet time I would have to say it's going well.  I can only hope it keeps going so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment