Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sleeping With a Tornado

There has been a "tornado" in my bed!!!  



Okay to give you a little background.  My husband is gone during the week for work and when he is home on the weekends all our son Colt wants to do is spend all the time he can with his daddy.  During the week our son sleeps in his bed.  He goes to bed without any problems and loves to sleep in his bed.
 But during the weekend when daddy is home Colt only wants to sleep in our bed!  We have tried to wait till he is sleeping to move him to his bed but he wakes up every time! If we try and leave him in his bed all he does is cry.  And when you are tired you will do what needs to be done just to get some sleep.

When he sleeps in bed with us he sleeps good until about 4 AM!  That is when the "tornado" starts up.  He tosses and turns.  Elbows flying, legs kicking and spinning so much that he ends up with all the blankets.  This has made it so this mommy and daddy get almost no sleep.  I guess it wouldn't be a problem not getting any sleep at night if I could take naps, my husband has no problem napping.  It's not that I couldn't take a nap but if I do take a nap I will not be able to sleep that night, so what's the point of taking a nap. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about him sleeping with us as we love spending as much time as possible with each other when we can. But now that the weekend is over tonight we will all get some much needed sleep. 

These pictures sums up sleeping with a toddler!




No comments:

Post a Comment