Saturday, June 20, 2015

It's Official


Well, it's official, our son is a cusser!  

I guess he has heard us say "Oh shit" so many times he thinks it's fun to say.  If you ask him if he farted he says "oh shit".  You ask him if he has a poopy butt he says "oh shit".  We have tried to get him to stop by telling him that it is a bad word and we are not allowed to say it.  So, now he says "no oh shit" after he says it!
It's hard not to giggle because when he does say it he sounds so cute, but this must stop (I can hear my mom already yelling at me)!  We are really trying to watch what we say but damn, this little 2 year old is so smart!  He even uses it in the correct way!  Plus he repeats everything!

It's great that he is learning, but I'm worried how he will react to things once he starts school (we are looking at preschools now).  In speech one day, he was playing a game with his therapist and dropped a piece of the game.  Then I heard it, "damn it" (at least it wasn't shit this time)!  His therapist didn't bat and eye, she kept on going with the game while I was out in the hallway giggling!

So I guess I need to stop giggling and get cracking on making sure he understands that these words are not aloud to be used by a 2 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment