Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Home Style

My Husband and I have two totally different styles when it comes to decorating a home.  I'm the type who loves a house filled with light.  I love the feel of a tropical home. I love the colors.  I love the way I feel when I'm in a home that reminds me of the tropics, I become more relaxed and energized.  I love the tropics so much we almost moved to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico once. Long story short, we were on vacation and my husband was offered 2 jobs.  Not to say it wasn't very tempting because we almost did it but I couldn't be that far away from my family.



Now my husband on the other hand loves the feel of a log cabin home.  Heck if he had his way he would live in a cave away from anyone or anything.  But since he is married and we have a child that wont ever happen.  So if he couldn't live in a cave he would live in a log home set deep in the woods with trails for riding four wheeler's and hunting.

So how do we blend these two styles?  I'm still wondering that myself.  We rent our home so painting and making the place the way we would love our forever home to be isn't happening. So for now our home is traditional in decor. Boring for me but I'm slowing redecorating with items that can move with us when we move to the next home, for example our bedroom I'm doing in teal, coral and grey. One day we will have to figure it out. (Happy Wife Happy Life, hint hint)

My Style






His Style






No comments:

Post a Comment