Monday, May 11, 2015

Motherhood

With Mothers Day this past Sunday it made me think about my journey into motherhood.  It wasn't a hard journey, but it was our journey.



We were married September 3, 2011.  It was a very hot but beautiful day and we had our wedding outside in a park. and enjoyed a wonderful reception indoors with food cooked by my husband, friends, and family.  We enjoyed some dancing to a great live band and the company of great family and friends. It was a great day and we were ready to start our new life together.

In January 2012 I wasn't feel normal. It wasn't a bad normal, but I knew something was different. So I decided to take a pregnancy test and it was positive.  Now, I'm not one to keep exciting news like that a secret so it wasn't long before the family knew we were expecting a baby.

My pregnancy was boring, in fact my doctor even told me it was boring. I never had any complications, morning sickness or weird cravings.  I think the only cravings I really had was for grapes and a salad bar.  Now things got a little exciting when it was time to have Colt.  After being in labor all day it seemed as though our little guy was stuck.  So by 8 P.M. I was getting wheeled in for a C-section.  Now, unlike most people I was okay with having one, the recovery time didn't scare me and I trusted my doctor.  So at 8:45 PM on October 3, 2012 we became parents to a 9 pound 9 ounce baby boy.  Yep, he was really that big, no wonder he got stuck.


So this past Mother's Day we spent the day at my mom's house grilling and playing outside.  Colt was enjoying looking for ants and kicking the ball around with his Aunts and Uncle.

Spending time with my mom was extra special as it was my older brothers birthday.  He passed away almost 11 years ago and his birthday is May 10.  So spending that time with my family celebrating Mother's Day and remembering out older brother couldn't have been more perfect.
That is me in the back, my older brother on the right, younger sister up front, and younger brother on the left. (many years ago)


No comments:

Post a Comment