Thursday, May 7, 2015

Fiesta Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad


I have been having trouble coming up with something to write about the past couple days so I decided I would share with you one of my favorite recipes.



I made this for our family reunion last year and it was a hit.  I wanted something different than regular pasta salad to take and seeing how much I love Mexican food I found this.    This recipe does make a lot so it is great for big crowds or cut in half for a small crowd.   Hope you enjoy it as much as my family did.  I can't wait to make it again.

Fiesta Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad

1  16 oz. pkg. of pasta (rotini, bow tie, trti-colored, etc)
3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced (using a rotisserie chicken can make things easier)
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 package frozen corn
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 can of olives, sliced
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 tomatoes, chopped

Cook pasta, drain and cool.  While the pasta is cooking prep all the other ingredients then add all of the other ingredients with the pasta. Now it's time to mix up the dressing.

Dressing:
2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup buttermilk
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Fiesta dip mix

Add dressing to the salad and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.  Right before serving, add in Frito corn chips to taste or set the Frito's to the side and let others add their own.  I didn't even use the Frito's and it was still amazing.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment