Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I Can Do This


Yesterday my husband and I joined a gym!

I only hope that I keep up with going daily.  It shouldn't be so hard as they have a Kids Area where our son already loves to hang out while we get our sweat on!

So today was our first day going and we started off easy.  Nice brisk walk on the treadmill then headed over to the bicycles.  After being there for only a 1/2 hour my husband was ready to leave.... I wasn't!  I did get a good sweat on and can't wait to go back.  Maybe if my husband doesn't get home too late tonight I might go back just to walk for another 1/2 hour.

Tomorrow I have my free assessment to know where I am at and hopefully they will give me some advice on what to do to get the best results.  I'm also hoping they understand that I haven't worked out in years so starting slow is how I want to start.  The last thing I need to do is hurt myself.

I'm going to keep a positive mind and keep telling myself I can do this.  So far without going to the gym I have lost 12 pounds.  That is due to watching what I eat.  I hardly eat fast food and have cut back on a number of carbs I have been eating.   I have also cut back on how much soda I drink a day.  I try to only have 1, but there are those days when I have more.

So here's to keeping positive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment