Friday, May 22, 2015

Cosequences


We are trying to teach our 2-year-old about consequences.  When he does something bad there are consequences.  Now I know what you are probably thinking,  he's only 2.  I guess I believe that you are never too young to start understanding how things work, after all he is one smart little boy so he should understand this sooner or later.

Today while Colt and I were playing around he decided to bite me.  He has done this many times before!  This time he left teeth marks.  I know that there are many ways to deal with this behavior but I haven't found one that seems to work.  But today I believe I figured out how to get through to him.

Of course I yelled at him after he finally let go, it hurt after all!  He cried like the world was coming to an end like any 2-year-old would.  Not even a minute later he was reaching for his tablet.  That's when it hit me.  He loves playing games and watching videos on his tablet.  So I grabbed the tablet and took it away from him for the rest of the day!  Now, this caused a major meltdown! But I tried my best to explain to him that what he did was wrong and when he does something that is wrong there are consequences!  He knows he was in trouble because soon after he was cuddling in my lap with his bunny and a blanket (we think this is his way of saying sorry).

Only time will tell if this will work.  I believe that if we keep this up that it will sink in.  Here's to hoping.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have kids, but I think teaching consequences is so important! Good job Mama D!

    ReplyDelete