Friday, March 13, 2015

Childproofing


So my bad parent moment of the week, my 2 year old LOCKED me out of the house! I had gone out to get the mail and when i tried to come back in Colt was at the door saying hi mom!  I guess I haven't noticed that he is now tall enough reach the deadbolt.  I knew he could reach the doorknob but never thought about the deadbolt.

We have childproof the outlets and the kitchen cabinets but never thought about the front door. So for the last couple of days I've been searching stores and online for places that sell a childproof deadbolt cover.  After looking at multiple stores i ended up having to drive across town to Babies R Us, the only store in town that sells it! So this morning I took off for the store and picked one up.  Once I got it home it only took 3 minutes to install.  It doesn't damage the door and it keeps our son safe inside and us from getting locked out by a little boy who loves to close doors and lock them behind you.

So for anyone out there who has a toddler or a soon to be toddler i recommend you getting one.  It was only $10 which is worth the piece of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment