Friday, April 10, 2015

Potty Training


Lately I've been thinking about potty training my son, I have thought about it before but he was too young and wasn't talking much.  Now at 2 1/2 years old I believe it is time to start.  I have been given so much advice about how to potty train my toddler.  They will let you know when they are ready, start a schedule, let him run around in the back yard naked, these are just a few ideas I have been given.



So what do you do?  Which method do you use?  How do you know if he's ready?

I guess we will probably start with the schedule as it is still too cold outside to let Colt run around the backyard naked.  With the schedule you set them on the potty when they first get up and then every 15 minutes. They wear big boy underwear all day. At least that is what I have been told and have read how the schedule works.  But before we start this I'm going to do some more reading to make sure we do this in a way that will be successful.  I will also be setting a timer to go off every 15 minutes to remind myself to set him on the potty otherwise I will be cleaning the carpets everyday.

Hopefully doing this he will be potty trained within a week. Notice the word HOPEFULLY!  I know that there will be accidents and everywhere we go I will have make sure we have extra clothes in the car in case these accidents happen.  But I feel he has gotten to the point where he can communicate with us that he needs to use the potty. He goes and hides when he needs to go #2 and when I change his diaper he tells me what's in his diaper, weather it be pee pee or poop.

So I guess I better get some carpet cleaners so I can be ready to clean any accidents.

Wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment