Thursday, April 28, 2016

Trying

Do you have a kid whose is independent?  Forceful with their words? Would rather sit in timeout all day instead of picking up his shoes and putting them away?  Well, I do!

Yes, this cute little face loves to tell me no, loves to yell at me when he isn't getting his way and enjoys every moment he gets to push my buttons.

He does have those moments where he is sweetest, caring and loving person ever.  Then the other side comes out! That independent little boy, trying to figure out what he can get away with and find his way!  I feel like I could lose my mind!  But I try to keep my cool and get him calmed down.  I try to get him to use his words to tell me instead of yelling at me. Mind you this doesn't always happen but we try.

I guess that's all we could do, keep trying.  Keep trying to get him to calm down and listen. Keep trying to get him to understand that it is not appropriate to act this way.  Yes, it will take time, but until then I will try and keep my cool.  I will try and help my son grow and understand.  I know one day a light will come on and it will all just click. But for now, I will just keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment